23 June, 2009

Avira for A Vi-rus....F8 edition


I was thinking the other day, damn i have had my computer for almost 6 years! (def time for a new one) BUT my baby still treats me with a great amount of respect. I have downloaded over 20,000 songs on my computer ( ((Cough)) all from iTunes or some other site where i ((cough)) PAID for them,lol) I have several movies, and my computer has yet to crash. That's not to say that it have never caught some type of virus, but i always take care of it immediately. But a couple of weeks ago it caught a real bad virus. To get rid of it I traditionally tried these anti-virus programs that i always use, so it made me mad as hell because for once they weren't working! Therefore I had every right to believe that my computer was slowly dying from old age. So I was like forget this, I'm not taking care of it anymore; I then took about 2.5 weeks off my comp,and just used my friends laptop. One day while my friend really needed the laptop, and i really needed the laptop, I had an epiphany!...maybe if i run the anti-virus program in safe mode on my computer I'll get rid of this virus and get my baby back...well WA-LA, it worked, i was happy, because once again I saved my computer from its cancer; and thought to myself, I should be a doctor 8)

How it's done.

First download the anti-virus program from here, for FREE http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html?tag=contentBody;mostPopTwoColWrap

Run the set up, and then run the program. If you still have a virus then run it in SAFE MODE.

To run in safe mode start computer over, at start up screen the F8 key, when in safe mode run program again, this should do it!

**It's recommended to always run your anti-virus programs in Safe mode to begin with***

No comments:

Post a Comment