08 July, 2012

Prisoner of the moment...




If there is anything I have learned from listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd (every morning), is to never become a prisoner of the moment. Too often we get caught up in the "here and now" which can hinder us from thinking logically about the future events. So, you are probably wondering what I am talking about, well allow me to further explain. For the past 13 years the west has been DOMINATED by two teams, the Spurs and Los Angeles Lakers (yes, I know the Mavs won a chip too); so it was only right that the up and coming, young and extremely talented Oklahoma City Thunder would have to go through the west's most prominent teams of the last decade to get to the finals. So that makes it very understandable why everyone and their mother was rooting for OKC, especially the way they ran through the west and dismantled and outplayed the "best" team in the league, the San Antonio Spurs. Rooting is fine but you  "fans" sure know how to take it a step further by crowning OKC the 2011-2012 NBA champions before they even played a single game verses their opponent; who just so happened to make it to the NBA finals too! You thought that was bad? OKC wins their first game at HOME (which they're supposed to do) and people started saying OKC is going to win in 4 or 5!!!!? A sweep!?? Really???? I sat back for the most part, laughed in amazement, made a few beneficial bets, shook my head a bit and then tried to explain my "somewhat" logical theory. This is where I get into the whole "prisoner of the moment" thing. I get it, OKC LOOKED unstoppable and like no one could ever beat them again in life, but my friends, if you have ever watched an ounce of basketball in your life, you know that looks can be deceiving. You also know, that you NEVER crown a team champion when the opposing team has not even had the chance to defend their home-court; ESPECIALLY when that opposing team has a man named Lebron James on it. It is illogical and will have any set of fans looking really stupid in the end. My point here is not to anger you OKC fans but to teach you and any other die hard fan that no matter what, you must never, I mean EVER, be a prisoner of the moment! It honestly isn't over... until it is over. Trust me I know---> 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment