11 January, 2011

Remember the Vinyl


Growing up around thousands, literally thousand of vinyl records, made me appreciate DJing for what it was. As a kid I remember my father DJing around the house on his turntables and me handing him his vinyl records one at a time; while usually getting yelled at for scraping my fingers across the vinyl because I absolutely loved the sound if it. Fast forward 20 years and we rarely even see vinyl records anymore. Most Dj's these days use electronic turntables with downloaded songs. Not to say its a disrespect to the game but to say times have changed, you either don't like it or just deal with it. I thought that would be a good segue into this article I read (maybe not?). Its about a Designer named Pavel Sidorenko, who makes these wonderful clocks out of old traditional vinyl records. These clocks are not just any old piece of work, they're made using lasers technology for the most precise cuts. If you're into art and music like I am, you will appreciate what this man can create from a Vinyl record. Check out some of his amazing work below. (Full article HERE)
<span class=revinylclock07" title="revinylclock07" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-30899" height="428" width="605"><span class=revinylclock05" title="revinylclock05" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-30898" height="428" width="605"><span class=revinylclock03" title="revinylclock03" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-30897" height="428" width="605"><span class=revinylclock02" title="revinylclock02" class="alignnone size-full wp-image-30896" height="428" width="605">

No comments:

Post a Comment